BENEFITS OF GLASS PACKAGING
Glass is the trusted and proven packaging for health, taste and the environment. It is also the only widely-used food packaging granted the FDA status of “GRAS” or generally recognized as safe – the highest standard.
• Glass is 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly without loss in quality or purity.
• Legislation such as container deposit measures will further enhance the benefits associated with glass packaging.
• 80% of the glass that is recovered is made into new glass products.
• A glass container can go from a recycling bin to a store shelf in as little as 30 days. An estimated 80% of recovered glass containers are made into new glass bottles.
• Glass is nonporous and impermeable, so there are no interactions between glass packagnig and products to affect the flavor of food and beverages. No nasty after taste - ever.
• Glass has an almost zero rate of chemical interactions, ensuring that the products inside a glass bottle keep their strength, aroma, and flavor.
• When consumers choose foods or beverages that are packaged in glass, they avoid potential risks while enjoying a number of benefits.